Grant Announcement from the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center Breast Cancer Research Group (BCRG)
Goal: To increase the number of ongoing breast cancer research projects at The University of Iowa that will attract external funding.
Call for Submission
The Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at The University of Iowa is announcing a competitive application process for proposals focused on breast cancer. The awards will be made for basic, clinical, and population-based research on any topic related to breast cancer. Collaborative and translational projects are highly encouraged.
Eligibility: All faculty including research scientists.
Deadline: Noon, Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
Funding start date and duration: 1/1/2014– 12/31/2015.
Awards: Promise award: up to $10,000
Research award: up to $40,000
1. NIH biosketch of PI’s and key personnel
2. Information to be included:
-Relevance to breast cancer – 1 paragraph
-Collaboration (if present) – 1 paragraph
-Research Proposal - Background, Hypothesis, Specific Aims, Research Plan, (5 single spaced pages maximum), References (not included in page limit)
- Budget & justification. (No faculty salary support or major equipment) – 1 page
3. Overlap with current or pending funds
4. Plans for future support – 1 paragraph (Please specify how this support will lead to additional future extramural funding, source, timeline, etc.)
Submit grant in a single PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant awardees are required to present their findings at a monthly Breast Tumor Board meeting, in addition to providing a brief written report on the major outcomes, including grant submissions from data generated with this support.